My best is yet ahead
|Christmas morning snow|
Incredibly, it has been over six months since I last posted. And what a full six months they have been!
For those that may not know, my family is caregiving for my widowed paternal grandmother. Caregiving is a journey...and that's the only way to say it. You learn lessons (often hard ones) all the time whether you want to or not--because every day, every action is determined by the next right thing. The last six months have been full of those lessons for my whole family, including my grandmother.
To be perfectly frank, I let myself flounder for much of the last year. Spiritually, physically, I let my personal responsibilities slide and simply did what I felt like doing. I learned so much the hard way through this, but I'm so glad I did:
- I am utterly miserable when God is not the focus of my life
- I feel sick inside when I spend too much time on my own entertainment
- My body and mind feel like stagnant ponds in the middle of August when I decide I "don't feel" like exercising...for months
Yeah, you could say I made some bad decisions. And suffered for them, inside and out. However, I also learned some very wonderful things, about myself, my life, and God:
- God LOVES me, and He is my Father, not just my King
- I am made for simplicity and quiet, inside and out (will be talking about this in future posts)
- I'm made to create art, and the pursuit of that is clearly my life calling (how awesome is it to be able to say something like that?!)
- He WILL deliver me out of deep waters, when I turn to Him and repent with all my heart
- Praise is an amazingly powerful weapon! :)
Here's to a new year of blogging about God's goodness!